Exchanging files as email attachments is a key component of conducting business today; however email attachments are getting larger and are used more frequently and their use continues to grow at a rapid pace. Documents, spreadsheets, presentations, X-ray files and most other forms of information now include rich multimedia content. When dealing with large files, we all know from experience that messages are getting bounced, quarantined and are saturating inbox storage limits. Basic email was never intended for large files. As a result, many organizations now restrict the size of email file attachments due to the strain it puts on networking and storage resources. This in turn puts strain in business processes, limiting the efficiency of data transfer.
The Secure Messaging platform offers the ability to manage very large file attachments without taxing networks. Users can now quickly and easily send and receive large files via email. As a result, business processes are more efficient and improved with the capability to send large file attachments at once rather than piecemeal. Since all secure communication use the HTTPS protocol – instead of SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 or unreliable FTP, large files can easily be sent and downloaded at high speeds, from Outlook® to Outlook®. It does require the users to log into an FTP server or a browser-based application with additional unsafe links to click, or worst, an unsecure file sharing system. The Secure Messaging Platform eliminates all the challenges professionals encounter when exchanging large files using traditional and unsecure outdated methods.
For each file attachment, users have the ability to either open it, save it on their local network, or store it in their local storage such as Outlook®, Exchange® or SharePoint®, as any other file attachment. Organizations have the ability to enforce enterprise-wide rules for storing file attachments in the mail server, and specify a maximum file size in order to avoid larger files from overwhelming their mail server.
The Files Tab feature available through the Secure Webmail Portal allows for management, re-download and re-attachment of files that are already stored in the secure account; when file attachments are forwarded, there’s no need to upload it again (only the permissions to the file attachment are forwarded).
- Works for both the sender and the recipients, regardless of corporate size restrictions applied.
- Instantly and securely send, receive and track any number and any-size file attachments via email without taxing the network or the mail server.
- Asynchronous auto-resume files transfers means that users can work in the background while a large file attachment is being sent.
- Works directly within Outlook® without dealing with size and security limitations.
- Bypasses file size & security limitation & quarantined policies set by external organizations or by individual recipients’ existing email applications – such as Gmail® or Yahoo Mail®.
- Safer than complicated FTP or external unsafe services such as DropBox®.
- Eliminates saturation of email inbox storage limit. No need to download files every time an email message is forwarded.
- Tracks files with specific metadata, just like secure messages.
- Provides security compliance: enforced HTTPS (128 bit SSL encryption) connections and 256 bit AES server encryption keep files safe during transfer and storage.
- Eliminates searching through an email inbox for a specific file.
- Set permissions for full control over who has access to the files.
- API-delivery all files decrypted to third party repository such as MS SharePoint®.
- Minimum: Web Browser with access to Secure Webmail Portal.
- Optional: Outlook® 2003, 2007, 2010 & 2013, all Editions.
- Optional: Secure Email Desktop Agent (Win & Mac).