Partners & Customers have full control over the administration and management of the Secure Messaging platform. When the Secure Messaging Platform is configured, the organization designates a group administrator who is responsible for managing the user base and various security settings unique to the Customer install, as well as invitation policies.
Group administrators can choose to explicitly set up or approve each new user account, grant invitation privileges to certain users, or make the Secure Messaging platform open-access for all current users to invite new users at their discretion. The published API can be used to automatically provision user accounts or create new secure messages through another program, such as web service or Active Directory (LDAP).
The Web Admin Console allows administrators to set user configuration options and security authentication levels, and whether they want to enforce secure communications for all email traffic. The web-based Admin Console includes an intuitive and straightforward dashboard that quickly displays important statistics. At a glance, administrators can review the total number of users, or the total amount of storage for their account, along with many other useful statistics including usage analysis. Additionally, all actions are recorded and logged to provide a clear audit trail for reporting purposes.
Customizable User Group ManagementEvery User of the Secure Messaging Platform is automatically part of a User Group that determines their access of secure message features and functionality. Each User can be upgraded or downgraded at any time by the group administrator or be automatically provisioned via the API. Every single function and feature of the Secure Messaging Platform is driven through the User Groups. Partners and organizations have complete flexibility in how their own specific User Groups are designed. For example, this may include: allowing external users to only use the Secure Webmail, restrict message recall functionality, and defining who is permitted to invite new Professional or Guest users. The cost associated with setting up and maintaining a branded Secure Messaging platform is based on the number of ‘Professional’ and ‘Guest’ User types. The User type combined with the product feature enabled determine monthly billings:
- Professional User:
A Professional User has full rights to the Secure Messaging Platform, to invite new Users and create new secure messages. A Professional (registered) User counts as a ‘Professional User’ for billing purposes.
- Guest User:
A Guest User is an invited recipient and can only read, reply or create new Secure Messages to Professional Users. They cannot invite new Users.
Email Aliases Management
- Email aliases can be self-configured by each Professional User under the ‘Tools’ section of the web-enabled Secure Message Center, or set by the Group administrator on behalf Professional Users within the User Group.
Legal Disclaimers Management
- Custom notifications allow mandatory legal disclaimers to be added to any secure messages. Meet National and International email standards regulations and reduce liability risks.
- Injected automatically ‘server-side’ to every secure message at the database level so there is no room for error (automatic server side injection to every thread on ‘send’), and/or
- Included automatically with every secure message notification (message notifications are what recipients not using the MS Outlook® Toolbar see in their regular email inbox, containing a link to access the secure Message Center), and/or
- Some additional disclaimers can be added throughout the application including the login screen and invitation message.
- Users are approved by the organization and can be banned at the first sign of abuse.
- Message throttling prevents inappropriate use of the system and prevents sending of large volumes of unsolicited email. Self-executable viruses are not able to infect the organization’s network. Authorized Users are in, spammers are out.
Patented Interchangeable Cryptographic Engine
- Unique customer-defined encryption eliminates cross-contamination of data and ensures privacy & confidentiality.