- Enhanced email security, risk management, & addresses regulatory compliance: HIPPA, SOX.
Why is it better?
- Provides enhanced email security for extra protection that sensitive information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
- Instantly retracts email messages – even after the message has been read.
- Includes permission settings to prevent a recipient from replying, forwarding, saving or printing an email.
- Provides the option to include an additional layer of password protection for selected ultra-sensitive emails. Ensures that even email delegates can’t read the email.
- Prevents emails from being sent unsecured if certain words or patterns are included in the email message.
- Authenticates recipients. For example, a recipient may have to enter their SSN and birth date to authenticate their identity before they can access the email.
- Prevents data leaks and mitigates the risk of a breach of privacy of client or sensitive information.
- Addresses compliance with Privacy and National and State Technical Security Safeguard Standards (HIPAA, SOX).
- Provides additional tools for Administrators to manage corporate IT security and privacy policies.
Addressing Compliance (HIPAA, SOX)Data Leak Prevention helps address National (HIPAA, SOX) & State email security and content delivery compliance standards. Stop worrying about sensitive information falling in the wrong hands and directly address National (HIPAA, SOX) and State technical security safeguard standards. Since every secure message stays encrypted from creation to retrieval and is hashed with a unique value, there is no feasible way to modify the content of a message or attachment without causing an error that would be evident to the end User or a group administrator. Every transaction is verifiable and protected from tampering, providing a defensible chain of custody for compliance and litigation. All file attachments are stored encrypted, and available for later retrieval in their original condition. The Secure Messaging Platform enables technical security safeguard standards for email by:
- Storing all secure messages indefinitely on a secure, centralized Secure Messaging Platform server.
- Keeping guaranteed tracking and auditing records.
- Setting up identity validation safeguards.
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- NASD regulations.
- Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
- SEC regulations.
- US state privacy & data encryption regulations, such as those for Massachusetts (MA 201 CMR 17.00) and Nevada (NRS 597.970).
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI).
Content, Data Leak & IP Protection
- Complete Message Recall: Instant retraction of messages – that actually works! – even after the message has been read by the recipient.
- ReplyFreeze & ForwardFreeze: Prevents a recipient from forwarding or replying to an email.
- FileFreeze & ScreenFreeze: Prevents a recipient from printing or saving an email or attachment.
- Outbound Smart Content Filtering (Data Leak Prevention): Provides warning or disallows sending of a basic email if company-identified sensitive key words are included in the message. Prevents brand damage and liabilities caused by improper data leaks.
- Legal Disclaimers Management: Ability to include mandatory appendage of legal disclaimers in every secure email.
- User Group Management: Defines user group policies.
- Email Aliases & Support Management: Unlike any other product, Email2 supports email aliases so that multiple conventions of an email address can be rerouted securely to a final email account. For example: reroute ‘support@myCompany.com’ emails to a specific or multiple staff member(s).
Enhanced Security and Non-Repudiation
- ‘For Your Eyes Only’: Provides added security to ultra-sensitive content by adding a password for the email or attachment to be opened. Also prevents internal or external access by email delegates.
- Challenge Response Authentication (CRA): Provides documented and audit-trailed recipient authentication. A recipient cannot open an email or attachment without authentication (for example with a PIN, SSN, SIN, birth date, account number, ZIP Code).
- Disable Local Storage (Super Secure): Prevents local storing of secure content in recipient’s local email client or server.
- Spam Throttle: Provides tools so that users need to be approved by your organization and can be banned at the first sign of abuse (defined by the organization’s security policy).