Government and emailing confidential citizen information
The government sector is made up of thousands of different organizations with large numbers of staff, external partners and agencies, and an even larger number of clients – namely the public and the environment.
The biggest challenge facing public sector organizations (PSOs) today is the ability to securely exchange confidential information with citizens and other agencies outside of government secure networks, as well as complying with privacy and other regulations. The answer continues to be to simply restrict access or prevent the electronic flow of highly sensitive information. The result is that current rudimentary methods for exchanging sensitive information with the public and a wide range of other government agencies continue to include in-person visits, telephone conversations (and phone tag), faxes, regular mail and couriers. Not only are these methods not secure, but they only serve to aggravate the new reality for PSO’s to reduce costs, increase efficiency, offer 24/7 online convenience, and improve green initiatives. And in the end, do not delight citizens – also known as the client.
Email2 has you covered. We help public sector organizations delight their clients by providing encryption solutions to securely send, receive, track and automate delivery of confidential email and large attachments outside the organization – without requiring staff or recipients to change their existing email.
Secure email encryption solutions for government agencies
Email2 provides 5 email encryption solutions for public sector organizations to address specific needs relating to securing, tracking and automating the delivery of sensitive emails outside the organization.
- Secure email and tracking
- Enhanced email security including privacy compliance, data leak prevention, password protection, recipient permissions & authentication, message recall
- Secure e-Forms. Accept citizen data input & attachments directly from an online form on your website
- E-Statements. Automation and secure delivery of citizen invoices or notices
- Email any-size attachments or ‘print screens’
1. Secure email & tracking for government agencies
- Email Encryption Plus provides encrypted email without the complications. Offered as a cloud on-demand service that is deployed in minutes and uses the same security technology as internet banking. It wraps around any existing staff and recipient email application so there’s no new software to learn and email encryption will actually be adopted. Ìt’s as easy to use for staff, citizens and external partners as remaining with their existing email application and mobile devices – including MS Outlook and Exchange, Blackberry, iPhone.
- Now email and attachments can be used by Social Services case workers, CRA, IRS, public school administrators, or justice branches or ministries to instantly and securely communicate with citizens and other PSOs: Email sensitive citizen files or information including social insurance numbers, financial information, welfare documentation, taxation questions and answers, judgment orders.
- Eliminates telephone tag and allows for 24/7 asynchronous private conversations with citizens and external partners (does not require that all parties involved in the communication be present and available at the same time).
- Email is guaranteed-delivered – and can be proven. Tracks and proves when an email is received, read, replied to, forwarded, deleted or printed.
- Increases citizen confidence by adopting a straightforward email encryption solution that ensures their private information will only be seen by intended recipients.
- Provides faster more efficient public services with anytime communication access and reduced in-person appointments, phone calls, and use of mail and couriers.
- Provides disabled or ill citizens who may be unable to use the phone or attend in person meetings, with a secure communication alternative.
- Can be deployed by a single department or throughout the entire organization.
- Learn more about Email Encryption Plus.
2. regulatory compliance & email data leak prevention for Federal and State government
- Data Leak Prevention provides enhanced email security for extra protection that sensitive citizen information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
- Instantly retracts email messages – even after the message has been read.
- Includes permission settings to prevent a recipient from replying, forwarding, saving or printing an email.
- Provides the option to include an additional layer of password protection for selected ultra-sensitive emails. Prevents even email delegates from reading the email.
- Prevents emails from being sent unsecured if certain words or patterns are included in the message.
- Authenticates recipients. For example, a citizen may have to enter their SIN and birth date to authenticate their identity before they can access the secure email.
- Prevents data leaks and mitigates the risk of a breach of privacy of citizen information.
- Addresses compliance with privacy legislation.
- Provides additional email security tools for system administrators.
- Learn more about Data Leak Prevention.
3. Secure e-Forms - workflow automation for public sector organizations and citizensToday, a citizen may visit a public sector organization’s office or website, obtain or print a form, fill it out in pen, and use time-consuming and unsecured methods for delivering the completed form such as in person office visits, mail, or fax.
- With Secure e-Form, any form completed by citizens or external partners can now be securely completed online.
- e-Form customizable fields are placed on any web page and are filled out by the relevant ‘customer’. e-Form does not require the existing web page to use SLL to safeguard the information submitted.
- e-Form also securely accepts uploaded addendum files of any size that may be relevant to the particular form’s subject matter, for example a copy of a birth certificate, school transcript, driver’s license.
- Each completed form submission can trigger an encrypted email message that is sent directly to the designated public sector worker(s)’ existing inbox.
- The public sector worker can securely reply to the form submission and engage in a private conversation with the citizen or external partner - without divulging the email address or the name of the worker.
- The submitted data is automatically entered into any third party application or database, and eliminates time-consuming interpretation of handwriting, data entry, and data entry errors. Reduces manual collection, filing, archiving and eventual destruction of physical forms.
- e-Form examples include: secured ‘Contact Us’ form, ‘Welfare Application’ form, ‘Employment Insurance Application’ form, ‘Passport Application’, ‘Student Enrolment” form.
- Learn more about Secure e-Forms.
- See an illustration example for securely completing public school student forms online, using e-forms.
4. Government automation & secure delivery of citizen invoices, statements, or noticesMost public sector offices today, manually create and print statements, invoices or notices, place them in envelopes, and mail them to citizens.
- Realize guaranteed efficiencies and cost savings using Email2′s automated e-Statements that securely emails hundreds or thousands of citizen notices overnight.
- e-Statements automatically extracts sensitive details from any third party database used by the public sector offices. Content is generated in a format that is ready to be sent directly to citizens’ existing inboxes via encrypted email.
- Eliminates the need for building a secure portal where citizens link through to a website and have to remember logins and passwords to access their information. Now, all relevant information is securely delivered via email or attachments to clients without the need for additional steps and linking outside their inboxes.
- Email Encryption Plus features are used to guarantee email delivery and track and prove when a notice has been received, read, printed, saved or deleted. Prevents statements such as “Sorry, I never received it” or “It got stuck in spam” and significantly shortens notification and payment cycles.
- Data Leak Prevention features are used to authenticate citizens, and set citizen permissions including limitations for replying to, forwarding, saving or printing emails and attachments.
- e-Statements improves green initiatives and provides an immediate savings of 80% or more by eliminating waste and costs associated with creating, printing, mailing or faxing notices.
- Other applications for e-Statements could include healthcare invoices, employee pay stubs, account statements, tax return confirmations.
- Learn More about e-Statements.
5. Government agencies emailing large file attachments and ’print screens’
- Now encrypted email can be used to send and receive any-size file attachments, so there’s no worry about sending that 10 MB, or even that 50 MB file.
- Bypasses file size & security limitation & quarantined policies set by external agencies or citizens’ existing email applications – such as gmail or yahoo.
- Eliminates the need for complicated FTP or external services such as DropBox.
- Eliminates saturation of email inbox storage limit. No taxing of the network – reduces IT costs and overhead.
- Provides storage, permissions, search and download functionality for file attachments.
- All file attachments are saved in a Library making it easy to download, store, search and set permissions. Eliminates searching through email inbox for a specific file.
- ‘Print to Secure Message’ feature provides public sector professionals with the unique ability to instantly ‘print screen’ what is viewed on screen – regardless of the length of the page or what application was used to view the information – and send the file via encrypted email. Any scanned document or any content that is typically sent to a printer and distributed via fax, mail or courier will benefit from the PSM feature. For example, instantly email student records or tax information even if they are rendered by specialized applications.
- Learn more about Large File Attachments & PMS.