Securely exchanging client financial information
Clients rely on financial services organizations to ensure their confidential information is secure and remains private. The use of conventional email and attachments to converse with clients and to exchange information outside the organization is not secure and could easily result in a breach of privacy or non-compliance with Federal regulations. Other antiquated methods for exchanging client information continue to include in-person visits, telephone conversations (and phone tag), faxes, regular mail and couriers.
Email2 provides encrypted email solutions that help financial services organizations increase client services and confidence.
Encrypted email solutions for financial servicesEmail2 provides 5 email encryption solutions for financial services organizations to address specific needs relating to securing, tracking and automating the delivery of sensitive emails outside the organization.
- Secure email and tracking
- Enhanced email security including privacy compliance, data leak prevention, password protection, recipient permissions & authentication, message recall
- E-Statements. Automation and secure delivery of client invoices
- Secure e-Forms. Accept client data input & attachments directly from an online form on your website
- Email any-size attachments or ‘print screens’
1. Secure email & tracking
- Email Encryption Plus provides encrypted email without the complications. Offered as a cloud on-demand service that is deployed in minutes and uses the same security technology as internet banking. It wraps around any existing staff and recipient email application so there’s no new software to learn and email encryption will actually be adopted. Ìt’s as easy to use for staff, clients and external financial partners as remaining with their existing email application and mobile devices – including MS Outlook and Exchange, Blackberry, iPhone.
- Now email and attachments can be used to instantly and securely communicate with clients and other financial services organizations: Email sensitive client files; discuss financial strategies; schedule private client appointments; gather sensitive information prior to the client’s visit.
- Eliminates telephone tag and allows for 24/7 asynchronous private conversations with clients and other financial services entities (does not require that all parties involved in the communication be present and available at the same time).
- Email is guaranteed-delivered – and can be proven. Tracks and proves when an email is received, read, replied to, forwarded, deleted or printed.
- Increases client confidence by adopting a straightforward email encryption solution that ensures their confidential information will only be seen by intended recipients.
- Provides anytime communication access and faster more efficient client services with reduced in-person appointments, phone calls, and use of mail and couriers. Reduce printing and re-printing, filing, archiving and shredding of forms and documents.
- Provides disabled or ill clients who may be unable to use the phone or attend in person meetings, with a secure communication alternative.
- Can be deployed by a single department or throughout the entire financial services organization.
- Learn more about Email Encryption Plus.
Email2 offers the following add-ons that are all powered by Email Encryption Plus to ensure that emails are tracked and sent and received securely without interception.
2. SOX and privacy compliance & data leak prevention
- Data Leak Prevention provides enhanced email security for extra protection that sensitive client information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
- Instantly retracts email messages – even after the message has been read.
- Includes permission settings to prevent a recipient from replying, forwarding, saving or printing an email.
- Provides the option to include an additional layer of password protection for selected ultra-sensitive emails. Prevents even email delegates from reading the email.
- Prevents emails from being sent unsecured if certain words or patterns are included in the message.
- Authenticates recipients. For example, a client may have to enter their SSN and birth date to authenticate their identity before they can access the email.
- Prevents data leaks and mitigates the risk of a breach of privacy of client information.
- Addresses compliance with privacy and technical standards legislation such as Data Protection Act.
- Provides additional tools for system administrators.
- Learn more about Data Leak Prevention.
3. Automation & secure delivery of client invoices
Most financial services offices today manually create and print invoices, place them in envelopes, and mail them to clients.
- Realize guaranteed efficiencies and cost savings using Email2′s automated e-Statements that securely emails hundreds or thousands of client invoices overnight.
- e-Statements automatically extracts invoice details from any third party database used by financial services offices. Content is then generated in a format that is ready to be sent directly to clients’ existing inboxes via encrypted email.
- Eliminates the need for building a secure portal where clients link through to a website and have to remember logins and passwords to access their information. Now, all relevant information is securely delivered via email or attachments to clients without the need for additional steps and linking outside their inboxes.
- Email Encryption Plus features are used to guarantee email delivery and track and prove when an invoice has been received, read, printed, saved or deleted. Prevents statements such as “Sorry, I never received it” or “It got stuck in spam” and significantly shortens payment cycles.
- Data Leak Prevention features are used to authenticate clients, and set client permissions including limitations for replying to, forwarding, saving or printing emails and attachments.
- e-Statements improves green initiatives and provides an immediate savings of 80% or more by eliminating waste and costs associated with creating, printing, mailing or faxing invoices.
- Other applications for e-Statements could include employee pay stubs, account statements, financial transaction confirmations, policy renewal notices, confidential customized marketing of additional services.
- Learn More about e-Statements.
4. Secure e-Forms (secure data workflow automation)
Today, a client may visit a financial services office or website, obtain or print a form, fill it out with a pen, and use time-consuming and unsecured methods for delivering the completed form such as in person office visits, mail, or fax.
- With Secure e-Forms, any form completed by clients can now be completed securely online.
- e-Form customizable fields are placed on any web page and is completed by the client or other external partner. e-Form does not require the existing web page to use SLL to safeguard the information submitted.
- e-Form also securely accepts uploaded addendum files of any size that may be relevant to the particular form subject matter, for example a copy of a birth certificate, tax returns, or current financial statements.
- Each completed form submission can trigger an encrypted email message that is sent directly to the designated financial services worker(s)’ existing inbox.
- The financial services worker can securely reply to the form submission and engage in a private conversation with the client - without divulging the email address or the name of the worker.
- The submitted data is automatically entered into any third party financial services application or database, and eliminates time-consuming interpretation of handwriting, data entry, and data entry errors. Reduces manual collection, filing, archiving and eventual destruction of physical forms.
- e-Form examples include: secured ‘Contact Us’ form, ‘New Client Application’ form, ‘Appointment’ form, ‘Change of Information’ form.
- Learn more about Secure e-Forms.
- See a specific e-Forms illustration example for completing Student Forms.
5. Encrypted large file attachments and financial statements
- Now encrypted email can be used to send and receive any-size file attachments, so there’s no worry about sending that 10 MB file, or even that 50 MB file.
- Bypasses file size & security limitation & quarantined policies set by external organizations or clients’ existing email applications – such as gmail or yahoo.
- Eliminates the need for complicated FTP or external services such as DropBox.
- Eliminates saturation of email inbox storage limit. No taxing of the network – reduces IT costs and overhead.
- Provides storage, permissions, search and download functionality for file attachments.
- All file attachments are saved in a Library making it easy to download, store, search and set permissions. Eliminates searching through email inbox for a specific file.
- Print to Secure Message feature provides financial services professionals with the unique ability to instantly ‘print screen’ what is viewed on screen – regardless of the length of the page or what application was used to view the information – and send the file via encrypted email. Any scanned document or any content that is typically sent to a printer and distributed via fax, mail or courier will benefit from the PSM feature. For example, instantly email client records, financial transaction confirmations, or financial statements even if they are rendered by specialized applications.
- Learn more about Large File Attachments.